Monday, February 26, 2007

Poetry

I have always loved poetry although my tastes have changed over the years. I tried to chose one for February 2, the Blogger SIlent Poetry Reading Day, only to find my tastes had again changed. While looking though some old magazines I found this by Mokichi Okada and was moved.

Born
As human beings,
It is our duty
To strive our utmost
For peace in the world
And the happiness of others.

Those
Who love humanity
And help people in need,
Are always loved
And protected by God
Wherever they may go.

A person
Who strives constantly
To help others
And better the world,
Is like a diamond
Buried in the sand.

I'd like to see a world of peace, health and prosperity for all. Albert Pine said, "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal".

No comments: