Friday, October 12, 2007

Not a Cat


I know everyone oohs and aahs over the cat photos but this lovebug, all 75 pounds of her is my rottweiler, Ein Liebchen or Liebe.  Dismiss the drool, it's a hazard of big dogs.  What I wanted you to see and she would not turn away, is her collar. It's new, bright yellow and from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and bears the logo, LIVESTRONG. A real eye-catcher and has a very important meaning for us since we have lost 2 dogs to cancer.  So look at this sweetie good, she just wants to be petted, fussed over and sit in the drivers seat of the motor home.  The intense stare is for the 3 miniature poodles at the next campsite who were allowed to run wild off-leash. Liebe is very disgusted at their antics and huffed at them for their bad behavior. 

3 comments:

Chris said...

What a cutie! Oh yeah, I'm on Ravelry now (not like I've had time to put any pics up!)- I'm chrispindle!

PixieRose said...

omg gorgeous. I've always thought that rottweiler were really pretty dogs. They have the most amazing personalities.

~Jessica (yarn for breakfast)

knitseashore said...

What a sweet dog, and her collar has special meaning for us too. Give her a big hug for me!

I didn't know that you were going to have surgery. I admire your healthy eating and exercise plan and I hope that it makes everything go more smoothly for recovery. I need to get back on the bike (and get some decent sleep) too, so you'll be an inspiration.