Friday, October 19, 2007

Picture Friday


I think this book came from my Secret Pal...if so, THANK YOU very much as I really like it! I've already put 2 things on the list and I am looking for yarn for a third. WOW!

But this definitely came from my Secret pal! You can tell how much parts were enjoyed by noticing the empty candy package on top. Yes I ate them all and I am proud of it! The two skeins are a hand printed rayon chenille and 2 balls of ribbon yarn. I have so many ideas it is hard to choose. Definitely will need to use stitch markers though so I can use the lovely ones pictured. Lovey green yarn, my favorite color, that I may just fondle and look at. AND the very delectable scented tea lights to warm up the stuffy air winter brings to a closed house. Thank you SP, for a most thoughtful and generous gift package.
This should round out a very busy week.  My across the street knitting friend who organizes us all to knit out  in public ( we now have 3 different MEET-UPS for knitters)  had a friend visiting from Germany and I think I just laughed the week away. She may move here and I can't imagine a more welcome knitter than Rachel.  We took her to the Thursday knit-up and she fit right in. She was missed this week as she had to return  home.  Too bad, because we could have used her Saturday and Sunday afternoons as we knitted prayer shawls for breast cancer patients.  This is a real labor of love as each one takes 3 skeins of k3,p3 on and on and on. I would be so bored if it was not for this worthwhile cause.  The reason is so compelling that I chastise myself and start another row. Must knit with good thoughts so the shawl will be full of comfort!! Thank you Susan and Sue from my LYS, THE KNITTING CORNER for organizing this.

I did treat myself to a set of pink Denise needles. They really help with the good feeling!  We were about 12 of us and we ate pink M and M's, and won pink prizes.  Really rewarding work. I also won the door prize, a set of pink and white nylon scrubbies. Love them for a good scrub!!

It's been great week and my hands ache but my heart is full! Happy week-end!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

What a great package from your secret swap pal! I haven't done that swap yet, but I joined the special swap and am supposed to send out my movie package soon to my pal. It's a lot of fun!

Good for you for participating in such a great cause. Too much cancer everywhere lately.

Seedstitching girl said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like the stuff!

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Yes, the book was from me. (Sorry about the confusion.) There are lots of great patterns in there. I especially like the handwarmers - I've made three pair and am working on a fourth right now.

~ SP