Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So it has been another very busy month . . this is only one of the finished objects, done in time for Easter. I have enough left over to do a tam to go with it.  I have fallen hard for sweaters that knit from the neck down. You can check the neck immediately, and at the end check arm length and finished length. For a child very necessary!  The photo was taken by my daughter who worried more about color and composition. I wanted you to see the bunny buttons. We found a marvelous side street button store while on a trip to New York years ago. I am so glad I saved them for this. I havemore pictures coming but I want you to take the time to ooh and aah at each one, rather than be over whelmed. 
I have a clapotis on the needles chosen for a very casual look. I said I wanted one to go with jeans and large enough to cuddle in on the sidelines of a soccer game. I think I have it.
My very, very good pal is in Germany for a while on a visit. Hi CHeryl, I am hoping you and Rachel are having a super time. Cheryl is bringing home SOCK yarn. Rich told me of the surprise he gave you prior to leaving. What a great husband.  Money to enjoy on a vacation just for you,  could it be any better than being in yarnland with money. 



6 comments:

vlb5757 said...

It's a lovely sweater and those buttons are just too cute. You did a wonderful job dear! Now finish that Clapotis!

knitseashore said...

What a sweet sweater!! I love the pinks and purples in it. The bunny buttons are such a nice touch too!!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely sweet sweater! The colors are beautiful. You know I need to ask you what pattern it is; I know someone who would love a little sweater like that :-)

It's good to see you posting and I can't wait to see your other FO's.

I've been thinking about you alot and have started to email you on several occasions, but I am lame and there really is no excuse!

Chris said...

I'm a complete button holic! We found a fab place while at Skip North and I'm still sorting thru the bargain button packs! I just can't resist cute/unusual shaped/pretty coloured/shiny buttons. I consider I'll get around to using them one day!

Pretty sweater, good to see you've been keeping yourself busy. I must admit, Sock Madness has definitely given me my knitting mojo back.

jae said...

The sweater is very lovely! I agree about how nice it is to fit as you go when knitting for a child.

Cheryl in AZ said...

OK, now ther is no excuse for you to not blog. It has nothing to do with posting finishes or pics. so go to it girlfriend.

First you will need to go to my blog and check out what I am speaking of.

See you soon.