Thursday, June 5, 2008

News, news and more news

I had to take some time off to come to grips with my life. Events, deadlines, family and knitting kept swirling into one another. Lately things have coalesced and I am back into everything again. The next knee operation is for September 6th and the diet is back on BIG TIME!

First biggie for Vicki and Cheryl are the finished projects  ta da . . . .
a pure white baby blanket in a shell pattern . .  try that with a black rottweiler shedding hairs. 

Second is my Clapotis . .  I probably will knit another as I would like it to be longer. . . if I wrap I like to really wrap up!! I am adding a tassel to each end (something to fiddle with) and sending it to my cousin in Tennessee for Christmas.  I love to think of her wandering out in the morning to check the chickens or cows or just to wander around in my handiwork.

Then finish 2, start 2 . .   For me, yes, yes for me . .  look Jae, Monkeys . . . at the urging of Suki I tried 2 circulars for my socks vice the dpn's and I am hooked.  I guess my old hands can fiddle with 2 needles better than 5. I wish I felt guilty but I spoke with my teacher and admitted how happy I am. She spent a lot of time with me on those dpn's. But she owns a yarn shop and now I can buy all her sock yarn!!

Then in keeping with learning something new each time . . . I will start a fingerless mitt set with a beautifully intricate cable pattern on the back of the hand. I love the colors in this yarn. They glisten like little jewels in the sunlight. This will cast on on July 5 and finish in 14 days, YES, it will


Because  I have been asked to be one of the hostesses on the Tour de France 2008 Knit a Long.  I am really excited about this. We watch the TDF like some watch the super Bowl, except for 14 days instead of a few hours.  We read all the blogs, make charts, eat in front of the TV, etc. Yes we are addicts. (see above for my project) .  My team is called Slipstream-Chipotle which if you follow biking sounds like a hot-paceline. Hopefully my knitters will burn up the roads (yarn). 

With the Olympic knitting trials coming up. the summer knitting is all in place.  Grab your needles and join me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Romelda; are you going to share the photos with us?
:-)

Sounds like you really are back into everything again - that makes me very happy to hear!

jae said...

Way to go with the 2 circs! I definitely prefer 2 circs (or even magic loop) over dpn's. Now, I'm with Julie - what did blogger do with your pictures? :)