Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tag I am it!

While I was busy getting my paperwork all in order for the Tour ( ie, checking teams, reading my team members blogs, e-mailing them, etc) , Cheryl snuck in and tagged me for this meme .  so here goes . . 

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?  I had been working for Navy Federal Credit Union for 12 years and loved it.  Megan had Graduated from VCU, Shep was off to DC to work on a masters from GMU, John was playing  house husband. I was the only woman I knew whose husband did the shopping, vacumning, washed the clothes and the dishes.  Then my knees started to go bad. drat.  I bought a 3-wheel bike with 21, yes, 21 gears and rode the Bay Bridge tunnel that fall.
2. What five things are on my to-do list today.  I have already dug nut grass from the new bed at about 9 this morning, found the recipe for pork souvlaki,  did a sewing job on a new shirt for Megan to wear to Chicago,  plan to clear the coat closet of old coats, swim in the pool if it hits 101 again today.
3.Snacks I enjoy,  pecans, string cheese,  fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, Rainier cherries,) 
Pumpkin seeds, peanut butter
4.Things I would do if I was a billionaire.  I have always had a list if things I would do for family if I won the lottery, and things for me were not ever on the list. My favorite was to endow the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters with one million dollars to pay for bone marrow typing for anyone who wished to donate. A few years ago a young teenager here at the beach died because a marrow donor could not be found, I HATED that. .Make sure every family member who wanted an education had the funds to do so.  Now to think for me I would book about 6 months worth of cruises, Panama Canal,  Australia-New Zealand, Greek islands, North to Alaska, then  get a smaller RV, start touring US and Canada esp. New England. and then go touring in Europe. No 7 cities in 5 days for me. I am a slow tourer.  Purchase a home in the FLorida Keys  big enough for visitors, and a compound   for the summer near John's family in New York, preferable along the Hudson, either side!   . 
5. Places I have lived.  Too many to list. I was a Coast Guard brat, and then a Navy wife.  All my life I have moved every 2-3 years until 1968 and I am now 67. I have been across the USA four times on military moves. I have been here in Virginia Beach since then.  I  lived in Venezuela for a year, the US Virgin Islands for 3 months, and the Phillipines for 3 years.

I am tagging  whoever wishes to answer these questions. Most times I find reflections very interesting.  

1 comment:

Cheryl in AZ said...

How very cool... I really enjoy reflections as well, which is probably why I happened to pass this one along.

Plus I knew if I tagged you specifically I could keep bugging you until you answered. (tee hee)

See you Tues.