Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKIP

This is my first knit-in. I truly am excited because like bicycling, knitting needs a bigger audience to introduce people to the pleasures to be found.   I have often been accused of being very naive but I do believe if more people would just "try it"  we would have happier, healthier people.
However,  I am wondering about my mental facilities today.  Am I nuts? The smoke from the two North Carolina wildfires AND the fire in the Dismal Swamp are being blown this way due to a change in weather pattern.  The temperature forecast for today is 91. The lys we will be at will be in the sun until after 12 o'clock and I am taking a medicine that does not allow me to be in the sun.  So I have now applied the third coating of sunscreen. I have an umbrella, a construction-worker sized jug of ice and water and cannot find the fan. 

Enough!! We will knit, we will laugh, we will compare yarns, patterns, problems and joys.  We will have a great day and show the world (our little part) what enjoyment knitting can bring to our lives.   To that end let me share this joy with you . . .

This is fishing lure bag from the Bass Pro Shops in NewportNews. I kept reading on knitting people's blogs about these bags and had to go take a look. I am hooked.  See the plastic inside the lid. It is divided, zippered compartments that hold every little thing a knitter needs.  There is one on the the other side also.  The bags inside are the ziploc style on rings. Extras are available also. I have stored all my circulars in here.  But, but, but my hubby found a DOUBLE SIZE, that had a divider in the middle and the bags on the other side can hold dpn's!!!  Oh my gosh, I have it all together . . . I will have mine at WWKIP day. Come and see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you do have it all together! I once tried a little tackle binder type thing; it wasn't nearly big enough. All my circs are now in those plastic bags that came with the little tackle case in a 3 ring binder. I must go look for one like yours!

vlb5757 said...

It was nice to see you today. It sure was awful hot to be sitting outside. I sure hope that you did well at your afternoon function

jae said...

lol, my hubby would be equally fascinated and horrified at the use of a fishing tackle box as a knitting accessory. Atleast until I remind him that he is always raiding my yarn stash to tye his flies. :)