Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fruits and Vegetables

A book found its way into my hands 3 1/2 weeks ago. It was put there by the nutrition NAZI that has taken up residence in my kitchen. No that's cruel, she is a newbie nutritionist with all the zeal of a crusader. I had often wondered what prompts someone to become a vegetarian but I never thought it  was as easy as reading a book.
My daughter has a number of allergies and food sensitivities. You know, you've heard many speak of "can't eat wheat, corn, dairy, eggs, etc."  I am due for another knee replacement in late September. So at one of her friends urging she read "The Swiss Secret to OPtimal Health" .  My refrigerator looks like the produce section at the grocery. The coffee pot is unused, the bar is closed and the sugar is out of the house. I have never felt so good.  Vegetables that I never knew existed have appeared on the table. Vegetables I never thought of eating raw are now favorites. 
My Cuisinart and steamer are almost worn out from all the activity.  Wow!. I'll keep you updated on our adventures in nutrition healing our bodies  but for now  we are all proponents of this approach.  More to come.

2 comments:

jae said...

I never eat enough veggies. (I blame my lingering rebellious youth, lol) But when I make the attempt, it doesn't take long to feel better from having them in my diet.

knitseashore said...

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun experimenting with new foods! I hope your knee surgery goes smoothly and you feel great.