Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Knitting, biking and all that jazz

Greetings,
I truly did not realize it had been so long since I blogged. I guess I had nothing to say!!

I am bringing you today my latest Finished Knitting for Ravelympics. A deadline sometimes is a good thing. It really pushes the finishing. My good friend Cheryl and I decided on Super Bowl Sunday, while we were at a yarn sale, to knit a pair of clogs with the bounty we found. Finally Ravelympics pushed us to cast on. These were so worth it.

The ones on the left are Cheryl's and the ones on the right are mine.  I had never felted before but I had the top loader washer. We started at 1030 and finished posting to Ravelympics at 4.
In between I smelled at lot of wet wool but was fascinated as all those lovely stitches disappeared.  My clogs are not nearly as bright as shown but it was a very sunny day. Since the photo was taken Cheryl put our clogs in the dryer to felt them a little more and it worked so well. I have formed them to my feet so nicely. It is almost worth wishing for cold weather, almost.
Now I have some lovely Malabrigo that is crying to be a felted bag. I am on my way!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful slippers! Don't you just love that pattern? Did you put anything on the sole to prevent slipping and shocks? When I first started wearing mine, I zapped Clover a couple of times and decided I had to do something about that right away - I used some puffy paint and it did the trick.

Chris said...

Oh, cool! I love those slipper/boots. I think I'm within sight of the end of my marathon Ravelympics task which, given this week is a minor miracle! Still, nice to see I'm a few days away from spinning a while fleece plus ;-)

Glad to see you got hooked into Ravelympics too, I'm not the only one! Well done you!