Sunday, September 28, 2008

MY NEW TOY

Actually it is not a toy. . .more a lifeline. Walking is still a chore except for short chores and of course, shopping.  But this is a dream. It has 21 gears and can go like the wind as long as I power it with my legs. Therein is the key. I have been trying to ride every day.  But I have a long way to go to be able to ride with John.  I can manage 5/6 miles per hour. . . he can average 18. But I really enjoy it. How it will be when the winter winds blow, I don't know. But I am going o find out.

Some can walk on a treadmill and knit. I can not knit while biking .  only drawback!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I screwed up my last comment so badly that I deleted it. I was trying to say:

Awesome toy, Romelda! If it makes you feel any better, I cannot knit while walking on a treadmill (not that I've been near a treadmill in ages)!