Thursday, September 20, 2007

Breaking the Fast

My son sent me the following picture of his breakfast.  Like me he has discovered the joy of  breaking the over night fast.  I have perfected the egg-beater omelet. It's fluffy outer has contained many a good thing recently:mushrooms, salsa, asparagus, spinach, lo-fat cheese. Coupled with a cup of John's luscious cappucino topped with clouds of foam, it slips me into another beautiful day. Early morning on the porch the birds sing,  the newspaper even reads better. Shep has found a frozen mixture of  black beans, peppers, corn  and onions that he uses but I have not found it yet. Yummo!  Knitting continues with pictures later today.

1 comment:

Cheryl in AZ said...

While the egg looks lovely.....

I want to see knitting pics. Of course I am not one to talk. I guess I really should get off the computer and do some knitting so I have pics to post.

We have a Band Competition for Matt tomorrow in Suffolk so I am thinking I will get quite a bit done. Yahoooooo maybe these competition things won't be so bad after all.