Saturday, January 20, 2007

100 by April 1 report

I plan to do "100 by April 1" and so far have 2.26 miles on my recumbent. It is supposed to be good for the knees and I can use all the good I can get. 1 mile today took 10.28 minutes. That will be a time I hope to reduce.
My son's BOSU (balance trainer) arrived yesterday. It is slightly smaller than hubby's and now I have to decide. The pelvic lifts using the dome are horrendous to do but have great results. I am basically a lazy person and physical exercise as such never appealed. I do love to walk, which is extremely hard currently. But "one, two" routines never did anything for me at least not as much as a good read or some knitting-!! Tee-hee! BUT my physical therapist punctuated her exercises with an exact description of what the exercise does for me. Now my body and my mind are in a battle to see whether exercise wins. It has to at least by April 20.
Hubby just arrived home from his 3 times per week bike ride. Today was 21 miles at 37 degrees with a good wind. They went out with the wind at their back and returned with a quartering tail wind. It could have been worse. At soon to be 75 John loves to ride with the 30 somethings and show the flag for seniors. Sometimes he leaves them wondering just how does he do it. He does not look his age and loves to see them when they find out how old he is. He has great buns and Megan often says she would enter him in a "wet buns" contest if she finds one! Go John!
My sock looks strange due to the "loose" cast on required by my instructor. I am still fumbling with the 5 dpn's and intend to inquire WHY start a beginner on size ones and on 5 dpns. It seems to me that size 4's at least and a 4 needle system would have made a better start. I wish I could convert these. I still love the yarn. They will definitely be anklets as I cannot see myself going very far up my leg in this manner.
As soon as son figures out how to post photos, I will.

No comments: