Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Overboard

I jumped into the swim today with both feet. I have been reading so many blogs and have become so enervated. One of the local knitting stores has a sock class starting Tuesday, so I signed up and bought some lovely yarn. It has to be knitted on size 1 dble oints which has me a little fearful. It has been a long time since I used ones. My children are 39 and 41!!
Then one of the children of a friend fell in love with a hat she saw in a book , "TOO CUTE" by Debby Ware. The patterns are all in Tahki Cotton CLassic and the colors are just yummy. So I bought that yarn and cast on to start. The color changes are a fair isle style?? and I have never done that, so I really have picked up some different challenges. I was strict;y an afghan and scarf knitter until a few days ago.
I am awaiting a knee replacement on April 20, so I also picked up the "100 by Aprril 1" and I will do mine on my recumbent Bicycle. I am recovering from arthroscopic surgery on the same knee (that did not correct the problem) so the exercise will do me good. Can you knit and bikde at the same time???

No comments: