Tuesday, March 13, 2007

100 things about me

This was very hard. I found out I don't often thinkabout me, my likes and dislikes. I found out a lot about me.

1. I cannot crochet to gauge
2.I am allergic to dust and cleaning sprays,
3. Shalimar perfume reminds me of summer
4. I started knitting 47 years ago
5.I love to do needlepoint
6. I have varied taste in music, from Sting, to Miriam Makeeba to grand opera and a lot in between. Current likes - Andrea Bocceli, Barenaked Ladies, Chris Isaacs, Cecelia Bartoli
7.I like to sew odd little projects
8.I have a rottweiler, our second, named EIN LIEBCHEN
9.we plan to buy a pop up hard side camper in May-June and visit all those people who keep asking us to come. We’re coming
10.I like most yarns except mohair (itchy)
11.I love wood and circular needles, hate plastic
12. I have friends who call me “The Knitting Hot Line”. They think I am great, and I think anyone who can successfully understand directions over the phone is fantastic.
13. Dh spoils me rotten with coffee at 6 a.m. every morning, He makes his own mixture of 2 blends and cinnamon.Yummy!
14. Love to sing but I cannot carry a tune
15.the older I get the less time I have to get upset over trivia
16. I miss my sister-in law. I need a tea drinking, knitting buddy
17. My hubby and I fell in love at first sight 45 years ago
18. I get joked up when I hear “Fascination”
19. I love Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
20. I love coffee, I love tea, I love my sugar and my sugar loves me
21. We will be married 45 years on Dec. 29, 2007
22. I have a letter my father/his pet monkey wrote me from the south Pacific in WWII, heavily censored of course, with his monkey’s paw print. I was 2 and the monkey was writing to me
23. I always wanted to live near water so I have a backyard pool and I love to watch the waves in the pool when it storms
24.I was born in Key West, Florida
25. I wear socks. Sometimes 2 layers all winter long, so I took up sock knitting
26. I love to read, mysteries, romance, biographies, autobiographies, travel
27, I miss reading to children
28. When we were stationed in the Philippines, I read to Filipino schoolchildren. Trying to explain snow was challenging
29, Math was my favorite subject
30. Now history would be my favorite
31.My DH and I fell in love at first sight, true!
32. My DH says every time he hears “Some Enchanted Evening” from South Pacific he thinks of me
33I have to have my knees replaced
34.I love to garden but can’t kneel…….yet
35.My favorite flowers are daylilies, pick them in the evening and new blooms appear the next day
36. I also like the tiny Japanese iris, freesias, flowering almond, spirea,
37. I always wanted a pen pal
38. I have a bog that hardly anyone reads but me
39. Is that because no one knows it is there?
40.or is it boring
41.I have no friends my age
42.but all my daughters’ friends call me instead of their mothers
43.I want to be a master knitter, to be splendidly perfect
44.I am an Episcopalian who is confused with her church right now
45.I’d like to get out of debt, I was until we bought the car and did house repairs.
46.I have a fabric stash for quilting
47.I have a fabric stash for crazy quilt Christmas stockings
48. I have a yarn stash
49.I have a scrapbook stash
50.I have too many projects for my lifetime
51.My DH is 9 years older than me; my father was 9 years older than my mother
52.I do not like rap music
53.It’ s more important to be kind than right
54. I spend an hour (or more) each day reading blogs, I am an addict
55.I have 3 quilt tops hand pieced
56. I love green, esp. celadon green\
57. Actually I like all colors, except muddy colors
58. I’d rather go barefoot than wear shoes
59.Since my ankle was fused I cannot wear anything with a heel
60.I love Bjorn shoes
61. I love to sit and watch snow fall…especially listen to the sound
62.I have a seat in my shower
63.I f I could afford the water I’d take 30 minute showers
64.Romelda is Teutonic for “glorious battle maiden”
65.I have a temper that I fight to keep under control
66.I am an Aries and DH is a Taurus, life is fun when we make decisions
67.I am a massage addict, love it!
68.I like to decorate gingerbread houses
69.I was born in a Marine Hospital later converted to military housing, once I had dinner with friends living there and found their dining room was the labor room I was born in
70.I was a radio disc jockey for 2 years
71,Many generations ago my husband and I had family in the same town in Ireland
72.I will have a knee replaced April 20, 2007
73. I cannot decide if I am excited or afraid
74.I read Harry Potter books and really like them
75/I lived in Caracas, Venezuela for a year
76.I lived in the Philippines for 3 years
77.My son was born there
78.I can get very sad at Thanksgiving because I lost my father then.
79.I am the oldest member of my family and my DH is the oldest member of his
80.Both my mother and my brother died in their sleep. I check on my husband during the night
81.I cry too easily
82.I love that moment in live theater just before the curtain goes up as everyone begins to hush and the expectation rises
83.I love opera now that our opera house has subtitles
84.I love berries, black, blue, red but cherries are the best
85.I like to share a beer with DH because I only like beer when it is COLD, icy cold
86.I had rheumatic fever when I was 7 and spent an entire year in bed; I had to learn to walk again.
87. I have a ribbon stash.
88.I like to wrap presents and decorate the packages
89. I just took down the Christmas tree

1 comment:

shep mckee said...

That's only 89 things, where's the other 11?