Saturday, March 17, 2007

INTROSPECTION or WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

For 3 weeks we have been too ill to do much of anything including knitting which really hurt. It gave me time to reflect on this blog and my knitting future. Both started with a willy-nilly pell-mell approach. Dive right in,damn the topedoes and see what happens. Probably a result of all that had been dammed up before I retired. When the flood gates opened I had no direction. I have journaled in private for years but no one read my wonderings. Now out in the public domain I need to decide what I want others to read. Definitely things I would like to read! Lots of photos are a must. I am not a writer in the published sense. But I enjoy the act of writing. To find this direction I have decided to finish all the projects I have unfinished or move them on to another owner.
3 quilts tops, pieced but unquilted
1 floral needlepoint, 3/4ths done
1 rottweiler needlepoint canvas, not started
1 croatan needlepoint canvas, not started
1 fruits/vegtables needlepoint not yet boxed into a pillow
2 xstitch santa dolls, complete with miniature toys and baskets
1 Bilbao Scarf knit from Morehouse Farms, 1/10th done
1 childs hat in Tahki cotton, 7/8ths done
pair of socks with only toes to finish
scarf in chenille and eyelash, 1/2 half done
pair infant booties, 9/10ths done
Do you see the lack of direction? So I am going to dig down, finish and discover what I really want to do. I have gathered all crafting supplies, including scrapbooking, stamping, papers, calligraphy, etc and cleaned house of what I did not want. Now only the fabric arts remain. Heady stuff but mind clearing, Photos to follow.
I have also signed on for a new class at my lys entitled "What Not To Wear" . I am a big woman and this class will teach us how to measure, adjust patterns to fit and what patterns to use for our shapes. Finally I can knit for me. 2 previous attempts had all but convinced me not to ever knit for me.

Thank you SP10 ... answering your questions and listing 100 THINGS were very good for clearing my cobwebs.

No comments: