Monday, April 16, 2007

Hats and Hats


In the midst of my charity hat knitting as my Lenten observance, a friend had her first grandchild. This yarn was too cute to pass up for a bouncy baby boy. The pompom is just full enough to rustle with each little movement of baby making it even more precious. All the other hats are on their way, one struck the fancy of a friend and I had
to knit one for her daughter who is fascinated with lady bugs. I've given her ladybug boots and a ladybug raincoat in the past.

I thought everything was a go for Friday's knee replacement but a call this morning informed us that the cardiologist saw an abnormality in the "underlying muscle of the left ventricle". So I am having a stress test tomorrow . Apparently medicine can bring my heart rate up to the rate they need, so all I have to do is lie there and be read. The stress in my heart rate at this moment is thundering. I had rheumatic fever as a 7 year old but have never had any problems. I hope I do not now.

2 comments:

vlb5757 said...

Lovely hats, but I am more concerned about your heart. Please keep us posted on how things are going. I know how much you have worked towards the knee replacement. Hang in there!

Cheryl in AZ said...

The hat is definitely a cutie.
Hoping all goes well with the surgery. My Father has both knees done and could not be happier. Spent part of my nursing career in PACU, and saw many a knee replacement pt come through. Here is wishing you the very best.
and since we live right near each other, if you need any yarn runs while you are still recuperating, give me a buzz and I will be glad to run for you.