Saturday, April 21, 2007

WHat's in your glass?

Remember the debate about the glass half full or half empty? I've had opportunity to dwell on that situation this week. Yesterday was to be the much anticipated knee replacement. I was ready, I thought, but it appears my heart was not in it. The EKG that was done for the medical clearance had an abnormal result. That led to a stress test that had to be medically induced because I can not walk fast enough to put myself in enough stress! That was Tuesday and finally Thursday afternoon the operation was cancelled because the stress test showed a "reversible defect in the anterior wall of the left ventricle". I had that deciphered into english which meant I have a narrowing of one or more arteries. Now I go to a cardiologist who will probaby run a cardiac catherization to look at the arteries. SO half empty . . the operation I had looked forward to for relief and an improved walk was cancelled. Half full . . better I found this now before it became so serious to be a danger. We are standing down and awaiting the next set of orders. Life never gives us more than we can handle, right?

5 comments:

Jae said...

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that your surgery needs to be delayed. But you are right, better that you found a serious problem in the way you did rather than as an unexpected complication to your health. I hope it all works out!

vlb5757 said...

I am so sorry to hear that your surgery didn't happen. As I say that, I am wondering what would have happened if it had. Better safe than sorry! I know you are bummed after riding your bike but that's still a good thing for you any way. Just think, now you have time to knit and see us at the Knitting Corner. Can you come this Thursday?

Cheryl in AZ said...

Being a nurse, I can honestly say it is much better to find out before surgery than during surgery. Now when you do have surgery you will be in top shape for all the ReHab after (pant pant puff puff)
Speaking of meeting for lunch, not sure if you like to travel, but I am part of a Knitting Group called Yarn for Breakfast that meets over in Portsmouth at the Daily Grind every 2nd Saturday morning (9-11/12ish) and every 4th Wed evening (6-8pm). If you are interested we would love to have you join us. We really are quite the diverse and knitty crowd. All levels, all ages and stages.

If that is too far, than absolutely would love to meet for Lunch or something to knit together.

Chris said...

How true, have you read about my terrible course on Sunday? For the first time, I actually stood up to the tutor and said i was going to do something useful- and I did! I was so chuffed with myself making good out of a bad situation, and I met a new friend (and blogger!)
Hope things start swinging your way soon, in the meanwhile, I'll try sending some Reiki healing your way and let's see if that makes any difference. If I time it daytime here it should be night where you are so you'll wake up after a better than usual sleep ( fingers crossed!)
Chris

Chris said...

Sweetie, drop me your address at chrispindle@yahoo.co.uk and I'll post you a skein of my handspun that you like so much. It definitely sounds like we need to bring out the cavalry at the moment! It'll be under 100g so it won't post a lot to send and it can be something to look forward to. I'm resorting to sending reiki whenever I think about it for extra help!
Chris