Friday, April 6, 2007

A TISKET, A TASKET


A knitting Easter Basket, complete with mohair grass, bunnies in their Easter finery, knitted Easter eggs, some citrusy soap and candy. Miss Bunny is ready to do some some hand work with her thread cutter medallion hung around her neck and Mr.Bunny has a key ring on his arm with Purell inside for emergency hand cleansing.

My weekly review:
WHAT I'M READING “At Knit”s End, Meditations for Women who KNIT too much” by Stephanie Pearl Mac-Phee, the Yarn Harlot. I give thanks for a woman who can write directly to my heart.

WHAT I'M COOKING:! Chicken tenderloins breaded in Panko with lemon zest and fresh ground ginger then baked, fresh mixed green salad, red onion slices, thin red pepper slices and a dressing of duck sauce, rice vinegar, scallion and garlic, plus a cup of chilled homemade vichyssoise, yummy for our tummies. The chicken and salad were from Rachel Ray and now is one of hubby's favorite salads.

WHAT I'M KNITTING: I need to finish my socks and make 2 more charity hats before the 20th of April and the operation, got to make those needles move!

WHAT I'M WEARING: a bathrobe, knitted socks, flannel gown, and drinking hubby's nectar of the gods (his special blend of coffee) because the temperature bottomed out last night. I was so cold I had to get up and change clothes! But still nothing I have knitted for me. I took the class in “what not to wear” from our local yarn store and decided I need to lose weight before I knit for me.

WHAT I'M WATCHING; gave up on BBC’s Robin Hood, as husband and I thought it got a little stupid, but I am still stuck on LOST and watching the Planet Earth series. Last Saturday my daughter and 3 of her friends took me out to the local cinema and cafe for drinks and dinner to see Hugh Grant's latest. I feel very blessed that she AND her friends want my company. They are a special bunch of friends. We were minus another one who was home sick. 2 school age children bring home all sorts of nasty things!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO: walking around the block and shopping, it has been 2 years since I strolled though a shopping mall

1 comment:

Jae said...

That is the cutest basket! It is a very clever way to package yarny goodness.