Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It's a wool thing


I really got a chuckle from this Easter card.
Off to my Secret pal goes a 2 week orgy of spend and knit. Gosh, what fun! Can't wait for her to get it so I can show you!. I hope everyone has been having this much fun. Isn't it pleasant and rewarding to think of someone else and hopefully bring them joy.
My mother always said I knew how to give better than to receive.

I had the last visit with the orthopedic surgeon today prior to the replacement. He quoted that 19%of people with knee replacements still have pain afterwards and 5% wish they had never had the surgery. I will, I will be in the 81%! If there is anything to positive thinking I will be there. I loved long walks and look forward so much to be able to walk around the block or to stroll the boardwalk at the oceanfront. We have a lovely seashore park with great walking paths. Oh I can think of so many places I want to walk. The rest of the discussion of morphine pumps and machines to move my leg is too much for here, so I'll return to a happier thought of Easter baskets and Easter blessings for you all.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm having a real blast with SP10 as it's the first time I've ever done it! it's costing me a fortune in postage though as I just have to keep cramming that extra thing in!
Suffering from arthritis and having to take pills every day, I feel I know a fair bit about pain. However, I learnt a lot when i broke my arm a few years ago- listen to the physio and do what they say from day 1 even if it hurts like hell, I was trying to touch my fingers together even before the surgery so determined was I to get to my Japanese embroidery course four weeks later. I figured if I could touch thumb and first finger together I could hold a needle and I kept up with the excercises every hour which gave me something to focus on. Anyway, I had the fastest recovery time, a few problems but basically have 100% of my original hand function which I'm proud of.
I'll be thinking of you when you go in and sending you positive thoughts!
Chris