Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers


See the reasons for my Mother's Day happiness! My husband has sent me cards thanking me for being their mother. I am thankful to be their mother. They bring me such joy and delight. They are as different and yet as alike as can be. In this day of dysfunctional families, they love each other and are there for each other, and they love their parents. We are blessed. They each have a close group of true friends, a rarity in this day. Megan is a tiny feisty ball of energy who believes in people and tries to keep love alive in people with her helping hands. She does not know "NO" and sees the world as one people all as one. People seem to be infected with her cheerful helping ways. Shep is a handsome guy who has always wanted to change the world in some way. He travels extensively whenever possible and would like to mean something to people. He expressed it when he was younger as wanting to be a "superhero" that would come in and save a town. With his intelligence and computer knowledge he will. He is a force for good, looking for a place to happen. Both of them have a wide range of acquaintances but when you become a friend you are a friend for life.
I remember my Mother today who taught me my love of books and learning, my Mother-in-law who taught me a love of cooking especially French dishes and entertaining, my god-mother/Aunt who impressed upon me the joy of serving in my church, my great aunt who was never a mother in one sense but all her life cared for a younger sister who had scarlet fever at age 5 and remained at that age for another sixty years, and my grand-mother who taught me to look for good not bad, to be joyful not sad, to remember that while I put up with others they were putting up with me and through her example taught me about God and the beautiful world He gave us.
I hope you all had a happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

jae said...

That should have come with a Kleenax warning. Lovely post!