Saturday, May 5, 2007

No daffodils

The cherry tree in my backyard bloomed late due to our strange winter. The blossoms began to drop immediately. Then winds blew them off and away, This is from the previous year. The prevailing winds blow toward the camera so the pool often fills with the blossoms and looks like Cleopatra's bathtub. We do not have a picture because we are always too busy unclogging the drains! Why don't we cover the pool, you ask? Because I like to look at the water from my windows.
I was born near water, always wanted to live near water and refuse to pay the outlandish home and insurance prices to do so! The pool and deck were designed by my daughter and have been a summer delight for all. Extra wide steps provide places for kids to play and nap. The tree shades the table and the stoves are in an alcove next to the house than can be closed off

from the children with a gate. Our rottweiler Liebe stands guard and greets one and all. The house is on a corner and she runs from side to side gleefully barking Hello to all who pass. In midsummer the tiny Clematis began to bloom and continued until cold temperatures came. I don't think it will reappear this year. We will look for another one as we all enjoyed it so much. There were no daffodils in my yard this year. We went from hot to cold to hot too many times and I think they all gave up.

3 comments:

jae said...

Such beautiful pictures! You must love it during the summer.

Your Secret Pal said...

Hi Pal,
Gosh, that package finally went out yesterday. I just kept finding different things to include and finally had to send it off & start planning for the next one!
~Your Secret Pal

Cheryl in AZ said...

What a relaxing, renewing place to be able to sit and enjoy the out doors and your children and all.
Liebe looks quite in charge of the place.
I must say you have a gifted bunch of family and friends by the looks of things.
I just go the chance to spend some time going through your blog again. It has been a while.

All my best to you