Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mail call!!


A treasure arrived in the post yesterday! If there is a better secret pal I do not know who it could be. My secret pal sent YARN.. oh lovely, lovely yarn, and she knows ME because she sent the patterns to use for each of the yarns! I am in love with the blue, green ELLA RAE. it's 100% wool from Romania.
It immediately went outside to look at the pool. like colors call to like, right. Actually the colors will always remind me of the water around my family home in Key West so it was perfect.
The LINIE 194 SOLO has been requested by my daughter IF I will knit the ruffled scarf pattern shown here in green. We saw this yarn on the Yarn Harlot's site in a much brighter color (too bright for me) but this color will be great this fall. Now, I have these yarns and patterns
AND an autographed copy of CAST ON, BET'S OFF, a kniting mystery! I did not know there was such a thing! and this great magazine that will accompany me for the heart catheterization Friday. And she wasn't through YET. I also found and I needed so badly a small project bag, just right sized for socks or childrens hats and she made it! in my favorite colors! AND when I opened it, look what was inside The photo of this yarn does not do it justice. It is Trekking pro natura, 75% wool and 25% bamboo. I will get to knit bamboo! What fun! she also included the right sized needles and they are the 5" size I have wanted to try.

If you look at the patterns ( note they are each encased in a plastic sleeve ready for putting in my notebook - how thoughtful can you get!) you will see the pattern for the Waterlily Socks. It calls for some very small beads to be inserted in the cables and tucked under the ball band was a small container of glass beads in the perfect color. Go ahead look close, you will see them.

Oh you beautiful, beautiful secret pal. You are so kind and so thoughtful. All the things I have wanted to try and been a little timid about. It is such a wonderful, wonderful day. I have been knitting charity hats and Duduza dolls and hats for friends children and Now . . I will be knitting for me. First is this great scarf that Megan wants. I'll cast on tomorrow . . for now I just want to look and think great kind thoughts of the lovely person who put so much time and effort into pleasing me. I hope it pleases her to know how much she did. Thank you, secret pal! Thank you!

3 comments:

Cheryl in AZ said...

What a lucky Lady you are. You do truly have a wonderful SP.
My week has gotten crazy hectic (with yard sale this weekend, and parents arriving to help out today and so on).

I am really hoping I can pop over after your cath next week some time and we can properly meet and greet. Plus I can bring fresh strawberries (if you like)

If I don't get to mail you, I will be thinking of you on Friday and sending good energy your way.

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Ooh I've never seen that Ella Rae before, lucky you!

jae said...

You are incredibly blessed with your SP. They did an amazing job of spoiling you!