Monday, August 20, 2007

Charting A Course, of Course


OK,OK, all you lacey people with your cobwebby-like threads and your 32 pages of charts, UNCLE. UNCLE. I get it! I started my Lupine Lace Socks and after my initial very wobbly start, I'm cruising. This IS fun! Of course I'm knitting in the round, so my chart is a lot easier (and smaller). I, by no means, am ready for a peacock shawl or a mystery stole. I have however invested in some chocolate brown cashmere for a scarf from the book, Scarf STyle, for Shep for Christmas. Invest is the right word, Wow, is that stuff expensive. That little glob of deliciousness is like gold. I've ripped out the first inch 2 times so the third time should be a winner.

6 comments:

Cheryl in AZ said...

Love the color Romelda!!! Did I not tell you that you would do just fine!!!

Trust Me...trust me.

See ya soon

Chris said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, Like that pattern!!
Pity I've just spent my spare cash on 3 Cookie A designs! I may have to add those designs to my mental wishlist though!

vlb5757 said...

So, is this where I get to say I told you so????? lol! The socks look really nice! Maybe I will have to learn how to do those after my cobwebby shawl.

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Ooooh gorgeous - I'm so happy we've converted you!! =)

kasiaiscarly said...

just stopped over to say hi and good to have met you tonite. good luck working on the 2nd lupine lace sock. there aren't any good pictures up close of the patterning on mine, but if you go back to my june posts you can see the pair that I did :-)

carly

jae said...

The socks are looking great! You'll find that lace is no big deal once you've done a few projects. Love the color, too!