Monday, August 27, 2007

So you think you can knit!

I feel like the TV show "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" where I have a new dance/knitting dilemna each week and succeed or am voted off. Our hostess gave us a tiny set of questions to answer. My knitting projects are tumbling down a black hole and she actually thinks I know anything about my knitting???? SHe has great faith!!

The one knitting accessory I cannot do without is a steel crochet hook that belonged to my father's mother. It is the smallest size and I use it to tink mistakes, a lot of them lately. My latest is a missed yarnover about 8 rows back. I've tinked down to it but cannot get it to yarn over. I also have a lamp by my chair with a great magnifier that helps with the size 1 needles I seem to be always using.

I use to always have a book with me when I left the house. Now I always have knitting. My SP10 pal sent me a sock sized tote and I always have it with my handbag ready to go. If I am off for antyhing more than the day I take about 4 or 5 projects and 2-3 books. ALways a sock, a baby hat, some charity knitting, maybe some yarn I want to start if I get bored or frustrated with the others and always space to pick up something on the way.

WHen I go on vacation I go to relax totally or to go, go, go. It never seems to be halfway. My favroite vacations were trolling around NY city with my daughter visiting button shops, ribbon shops, fabric stores and a tassel shop. She is an interior designer and we had a list of shops to explore. I have two of those tassels in my bedroom now. The other favorite was a trip to Hatteras Island on the North Carolina Outer Banks. We had a popup camper and I laid back, let the breezes blow through and read and read and read, Bliss!!!

A favorite knitting book is impossible. I have so many, all with bits and pieces of paper sticking out marking patterns. I re-read them occassionally and always find something I forgot about. I also write in them notes on former projects or ideas for a future one.. However the Yarn Harlot's book about the knitting rules is so funny I read portions aloud to anyone I could get to listen.

I have to admit I do not know what a pod-cst is or how to get one!

I'm off to bedevil my very patient knitting teacher and the yarnover problem.

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Congratulations to John on his racing award!!

Ravelry is a great organization tool. I'm knitseashore; please let me know your name!

In your sidebar it says that you've read Positively False. I'm in the middle of the book, but read slowly because of the knitting. Did you like it?