Friday, August 3, 2007

Secret Pal 11

Here we go again! The last was so much fun! I've updated the answers to the questionairre but feel free to ask away!

1. I've been knitting off and on for 35 years mostly in worsted and baby yarn. I am amazed at all the new yarns and am having fun trying them out. I want to try bamboo, linen, cashmere, etc. I am not too keen on fuzzy frou-frou yarns. I like a more natural look.
2. I store my circulars in top-loading plastic sleeves in a small 3-ring binder. My dpns are in plastic bags and my regular needles in a vase.
3. I taught myself when I was pregnant with my first child; ripple afghans, baby hats, a romper set. I knitted for friends children but never for me. Now I'm looking forward to knitting for me. I consider myself a very enthusiastic intermediate with ambitions! I took a class and made my first pair of socks. Now I have signed up to make a pair of lace patterned socks. I would like to make a pair of monkey socks.
4.I do have an Amazon wish list but I would read anything on knitting. Can a knitting library be too big?
5.My favorite scents are floras but no rose. I also like citrus but no WHITE LINEN. I love garden flowers, freesias, lavender, geraniums, carnations,
6. I have never met a chocolate or toffee I did not like.
7.I quilt, sew, do needlepoint, dabble in stamping, etc. for home made cards, and I've made Japanese ornaments, I have never had any desire to spin or dye as I do not think I have the eye for it or the patience
8. I've very eclectic tastes, from folk music to the classics. I own original Leadbelly, Weavers, Miriam Makeba and have Sting, Chris Isaak, a little Bohemian Rhapsody, Irish folk music, Andrea Bocelli, Yo-Yo Ma, etc. To get my children to listen to our music I had to listen to theirs and it continues through to today, I recently watched ROck STar Supernova and was entranced. Good music is good music whatever the genre.
9. I love greens, Shabby Chic Pastels, pewter gray, stark black, lots of colors, happy colors, except I am not fond of oranges or neon's
10.I've been married 44 years and 8 months. I was a service brat and a military wife, 2 children, daughter 41 who is an interior designer of high end residential/ commercial, and a son 39 who can make a computer do somersaults. We have a rottweiler, and all are active in fund raising for Cancer research as we have lost 2 dear pets to cancer and many family members.
11. I love hats, scarf, mittens, I want to knit a fingerless pair, but no ponchos. I am a heavier woman and ponchos look like tents!
12. It seems I like to knit anything I see that I like. I love pattern and color. I would like to learn to do entrelac and try mitered corners.
13. see the above post, I try to knit a hat a month for charity . I knit mostly for others as I like to make others smile and be happy.
14.Yes, isn't it nice that someone would want to make something for you!
15. Most of what I have is old plastic, or metal. I have used the bamboo circulars and like them. I understand new needles in aluminum have very sharp points and I would like to try them. I have 2 pairs of Addi turbos . I like to have 6”metal dpns for socks
16. No I guess I sure get one though.
17.My oldest UFO is a sweater over 10 years old for son who informed me sweaters are too hot. I am frogging it to make it into a scarf for him now.
18.Christmas is always a favorite and we do celebrate 12th night with a gift to remember the Gifts of the Magi. But I lived in Venezuela and in the Philippines and I love the Fourth of July. We had birthday parties and the children sang Happy Birthday to AMerica. Also my BIL was born on July 3rd and I lost my mother on July 3rd. SO we always have a do!
19. I inherited a house full of antiques from my parents, lots of fish plates and a vast collection of salt dishes. I'll post pictures. I try not to collect as you wind up getting a “collection” rather than the one of a something you really love.
20.I do not have any subscriptions. DO you recommend one?
21. I just want to be the best I can be and learn to knit beautiful garments for myself.
22.My first pair of socks is done . I’ll have to measure them!
23.I am a happy 66 year old, born March 27, an Aries woman married to a Taurus man. who is 75. He is an avid bicyclist and we are recovering from the Tour de France marathon tv of 3 weeks. Lots of lively banter and stubbornness in this house.

1 comment:

Cheryl in AZ said...

There is a new final question on the the questionaire asking if you are one Ravelry and what is your ID. Figured I would let you know that one.