Monday, July 9, 2007

Crash and burn

In Dunkerque the Tour de France peloton crashed near the finish and I did too. I had to regroup as my design-on-a-dime dog cape had to be redone. I have never designed a pattern before and it is and is not easy. HUH? Well, the sizing was great but the edge curled up terribly and I can not figure were to put the holes for the legs. But if the riders in the peloton crash can ride to the finish cradling their arms, wrists and sore heads, I guess I can try again. To the Tour de France, allez, allez!

Has anyone seen Whitney's "Giotto-go-with-the -flow" socks posted on her website. See her name under the polka-dot jerseys listed on the TDF KAL, I am awarding her my personal huzzahs for good knitting/good idea. You inspire me Whitney. I did not think I was ready for a second pair of socks but for these I am, I am.

My husband did his three-four times a week ride this AM. He rides at a bike shop here in Virginia Beach called Fat Frogs. They ride every morning at 7:30 AM. He got up to 28 MPH today (not for long) after all he is 75 but he is amazing. While I wait for knee surgery he keeps the cycling going for the family. He has been impressed with this KAL. I can keep him updated with little tid-bits of info. Keep it up Debby and Meg, you make me look good.

The Tour de France ended in Gand/Gent/Ghent, Belgium . . we have a Ghent (same pronunciation different spelling) Historic District here in Norfolk. A lovely section of town where the water , the Hague, curves through and houses line one side. They are very European in look and the roof lines resemble those in Belgium. I wish we had the Belgium bike paths.

No comments: