Monday, July 2, 2007

RAVELRY

I kept waiting and waiting . . patiently , ,, only to find out that COX . . bless their tiny hearts . . had sorted my acceptance into the JUNK file! Junk!! I was incensed . . I wish I could dump the JUNK sort!

Anyhoo . I've started inputting . it looks like just the organization I need. First problem, however, is listing the books. I have a very extensive library of knitting books. I was going to put them on a computer log but if I can add them in to Ravelry mores the better.

Daughter ordered her last J.K. Rowliing book. I do wonder what J.K.will do now that the series is finished. Is writing something you can turn off? I don't think so. I could not stop knitting. So what does she do now? I can understand a break but I feel we will see something else before too long.

I've read them all, have to keep up with the younger generation, don't you know! and finally decided to find out who I resemble. . what a surprise! This must classify as one of those "you can fool some of the peole sometime....." things.

You scored as Albus Dumbledore. You are very wise, observant, and analyctical. You have a very "well-organized" mind, which makes you function in a calm and fair manner. Though you get angered easily, its rare of you to ever act our of temper. You are constantly seeing the good in people and are naturally forgiving because of it. You're easy to please and a great person to learn from.

Harry Potter Character Combatibility Test
created with QuizFarm.com

Maybe now I'll have to find a house. I finished a cranberry and navy scarf resembling the Hogwarts scarves for a young friend. He is a Potter and these were the colors he chose. So we made him a House of Potter scarf. hah, hah! It is actually very attractive. I want a navy coat for fall and maybe I'll do myself a scarf. He has a nice house I could dwell in!

Son is leaving Australia on July 4th. Very bummed as he wanted to be gere for the fourth, instead he'll be on that long flight to CA and then on to DC. He'll see fireworks over the Capitol from the plane. He is having mixed emotions. Time to come home and get a job and leaving the joy of exploration and discovery. He has not only learned about AU but has had a lot of time on his own for self-exploration and introspective thinking. Judging from the lo-o-o-ng phone calls he did a lot of thinking. I feel he found a soul in that country that called to him. Many aspects of the life style and way of thinking were attractive. We all feel that we need to take a long trip down under to see what it is all about.

SP 10 is over. I have very mixed emotions. I have not heard from Kristen Since June 2. I feel her accident stirred up some life actions that had been dormant. I miss her postes and hope all is well. I'm intersted in what Louisa Harding project she will take on. The SP that was my spoiler is a mystery. I had a message in the beginning and then one big box in the middle and quiet. I was never able to contact her and could only thank her through the blog. I tried Yarn Junkies 4 but it was a oneshot affair and over. However the SP blogs led me to a blogger in England and one 3 blocks away so I am thrilled.

We will go to the beach for the 4th. My daughter has a group of friends that gather on the bayside. After the kids are exhausted we eat all the great goodies that this marvelous group of talented cooks prepare and then see the show. The location is such that we see about 4 different shows by turning our heads. Can't get any better than that. I will be making Gazpacho so I ned to be off to the store. It needs 24 hours to meld flavors and really get chilled.

2 comments:

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Ravelry is so much fun! It's so easy to spend waay to much time there! =) When you get a chance, add me as a friend, my id is kmckiernan! =)

Your Secret Pal said...

Hi this is your pal from SP10. I sent out a box to you last week & it should arrive soon! I sent you a few ecards this month did you get them? I've been sending stuff over email to you & leaving comments a few times a month, I sure hope that you've seen them. Anyways, I'll reveal my identity to you as soon as the last box arrives. (ps I'm glad to see you like Harry Potter, you'll know why in a few days...)